Monday, August 20, 2012

Dust Storm Rolling Over Phoenix

As many of you know, Jeremy and I flew back to Oshkosh, WI to represent Spokane Turbine Center at the EAA Air Venture Fly-In at the end of July.  We had a layover in Phoenix, AZ before continuing on to Milwaukee.  As we were waiting to board our plane, we noticed the weather changing and the sky becoming more cloudy.  Well, we barely got out before the Phoenix airport was closed down due to a dust storm rolling over the city.  What a spectacular view from the air!  We had never seen anything like this before.



If you want to see some pictures of what this looked like from the ground, check out this link: http://www.weather.com/news/arizona-dust-storm-20120721

2 comments:

  1. Spectacular photos! Glad you got out just in time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi There,

    My name is Fraser and I work for Airways New Zealand. I have been tasked with coming up with an ebook for training purposes within Airways. I am writing to ask if I may use the first sandstorm image found on this page: http://airmail2date.blogspot.co.nz/2012/08/dust-storm-rolling-over-phoenix.html

    If you could please let me know what in the way of Attribution you would require as well that would be great.
    Kind Regards,
    Fraser

    ReplyDelete