Monday, May 13, 2013

Singing at Bedtime

One of my favorite times of the day (though there are many) is when Jeremy and I sing a couple of our favorite hymns together to Connor before bedtime.


Last night, we sang "Because He Lives."  We have sung that song many times, but last night, on Mother's Day, the second verse struck me like it never had before.

How sweet to hold a newborn baby
And feel the pride and joy he gives
But greater still, the calm assurance
This child can face uncertain days
Because He lives.

(chorus)
Because He lives
I can face tomorrow.
Because He lives
All fear is gone
Because I know 
He holds the future
And life is worth the living
Just because He lives.

I'm so thankful that Connor can face uncertain days because Jesus Christ lives!  What comfort that brings to me as his mom.



1 comment: